What happened to Hideki’s Random Stuff?

On September 6th, there has been report from Google webmaster’s tool that there’s something wrong with sitemap.xml — further inspecting the issue, it was found that there have been some issue in interactive portion of the Drupal website was malfunctioning. As the time goes by, problem started getting worse, once cache expired and contents are dynamically generated, the website eventually starting to melt down, with rather unpleasant error message — that SQLite database, which was the system was running on was malformed.

Researching further, it seems to be some repairable case of the error, however, digging deeper, this particular seems to be beyond repair.

Here’s an issue: I was stupid enough to not have back up on the SQLite database file residing on the site — so I’m now stuck without all the backlog on the blog disappeared. I may be able to open .ht.sqlite file in text editor to recover contents of the file, but probably without date portion of the posting intact — as I really doubt they are in human readable format.

Bright side of the story is that I am currently staging a NPO website which actually uses similar setup — now I think I am migrating it to better setup, perhaps with MySQL server instead of crappy SQLite database.

Two lessons I learned:

  1. Back up database file.
  2. Drop SQLite.

Fortunately, after going through quite a bit of problem, I’ve managed to migrate whole database into real database. I actually found SQLite conversion to MySQL very problematic, but DBTNG Migrator which is a migration tool acts as a module within Drupal platform worked very well at last.

Bright side is that it should now be working much better.